There are different data products associated with the three levels of processing of OLCI:
- Level-0 is the reconstructed and time-sorted Instrument Source Packet (ISP) at full space-time resolution. All communications artefacts (e.g. synchronisation frames, communications headers and duplicate data) and invalid packets are removed. OLCI data is always sensed in full resolution mode (300 m resolution).
- Level-1 includes Top-Of-Atmosphere (TOA) radiometric measurements, radiometrically corrected, calibrated and spectrally characterised. It is quality controlled, ortho-geolocated (latitude and longitude coordinates, altitude) and annotated with satellite position and pointing, landmarks and preliminary pixel classification (e.g. land/water/cloud masks). Products are generated in FR (300 m) and in RR (1.2 km) for the whole globe with the same coverage.
- Level-2 products consist of geophysical quantities derived from the processing of measurement data provided in the Level-1 product. Level-2 products specifically for marine and land application domains are generated separately by the SENTINEL-3 PDGS, with each containing the parameter relevant for the specific field of application. Level-2 atmospheric information relevant for both application domains, such as water vapour, is reported in both data streams.
OLCI Level-1 and 2 data products are available to the general public.
The OLCI files are collected into a SAFE container. Level-1 and 2 products are encapsulated in free-standing NetCDF 4 product files.
The timeframe for delivery of products is dependent on the specific application:
- Near Real-Time (NRT) products are delivered to the users less than 3 hours after acquisition of the data by the sensor
- Non-Time Critical (NTC) products are delivered not later than 1 month (commitment) after acquisition or from long-term archives. Typically, the product should be available within 24 or 48 hours (but this is not guaranteed).
For further information about OLCI products see Product Types.
For further information about OLCI geometric and radiometric resolutions see: Resolution.
For further information about OLCI data formats see: Data Formats.