Sentinel-1 - Missions - Sentinel Online
The Sentinel-1 mission comprises a constellation of two polar-orbiting satellites, operating day and night performing C-band synthetic aperture radar imaging, enabling them to acquire imagery regardless of the weather.
Sentinel-1 will work in a pre-programmed operation mode to avoid conflicts and to produce a consistent long-term data archive built for applications based on long time series.
Sentinel-1 is the first of the five missions that ESA is developing for the Copernicus initiative.
For mission planning information, see the Observation Scenario pages.
The Sentinel-1 Mission Guide provides a high-level description of the mission objectives, satellite description and Ground Segment. It also introduces the related heritage missions, thematic areas, orbit characteristics and coverage, instrument payload and data products.
The Mission Guide categories are:
Describes objectives of the Sentinel-1 mission.
Describes the Sentinel-1 satellite platform.
Describes the Flight Operations Segment (FOS), the Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS), the orbit characteristics and the geographical coverage of the Mission.
Describes the observation scenario for conflict-free mission planning to satisfy all Sentinel-1 mission requirements.
Describes the Sentinel-1 systematic production scenario.
Data Distribution Schedule
Explains the data distribution policy for the Sentinel-1 product types and levels.
Describes the SAR instrument of the Sentinel-1 mission and the nominal operating modes.
Outlines the Level-0, Level-1 and Level-2 data products that are available to users.
- Reduced Sentinel-1 production rate - Nominal operations restored
- Reduced Sentinel-1 production rate
- Copernicus Sentinel-1B unavailability
- Copernicus Sentinel-1 guides Vendée Globe sailors to safety
- Infrastructure Security Maintenance activities January and February 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-1A unavailability
- Copernicus Sentinel-1 calibration campaign on-going in Europe
- SeaSAR 2018
- 4th Satellite Soil Moisture Validation and Application Workshop / CCI Soil Moisture User Workshop
- 7th Advanced Training Course on Land Remote Sensing
- Validating Copernicus Sentinel data using Fiducial Reference Measurement
- 1st ESA Advanced Training Course on Remote Sensing of the Cryosphere