User Guides - Sentinel-3 OLCI - Naming Convention - Sentinel Online
The file naming convention for OLCI products (see this document for more details) is identified by the sequence of fields described here:
MMM_OL_L_TTTTTT_yyyymmddThhmmss_YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS_YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS_[instance ID]_GGG_[class ID].SEN3
- MMM is the mission ID:
- S3A = SENTINEL-3A
- S3B = SENTINEL-3B
- S3_ = for both SENTINEL-3A and 3B
- OL is the data source/consumer (OL = OLCI)
- L is the processing level
- "0" for Level-0
- "1" for Level-1
- "2" for Level-2
- underscore "_" if processing level is not applicable.
- TTTTTT is the Data Type ID
- Level-0 OLCI data:
- "EFR___" = full resolution ISPs
- "CR1___" = calibration with spectral relaxation
- "CR0___" = calibration with no spectral relaxation.
- Level-1 OLCI data:
- "EFR___" = TOA radiances at full resolution
- "ERR___" = TOA radiances at reduced resolution
- "RAC___" = dark offset and gain coefficients from radiometric calibration
- "SPC___" = wavelength characterisation from spectral calibration
- "INS_AX" = instrument characterisation auxiliary data
- "EFR_BW" = browse product derived from "EFR___"
- "ERR_BW" = browse product derived from "ERR___".
- Level-2 OLCI data:
- "WFR___" = full resolution ocean colour, water and atmosphere parameters
- "WRR___" = reduced resolution ocean colour, water and atmosphere parameters
- "LFR___" = full resolution land colour and atmosphere parameters
- "LRR___" = reduced resolution land colour and atmosphere parameters
- "ATP_AX" = atmosphere parameters auxiliary data
- "AER_AX" = aerosol climatology auxiliary data
- "LAP_AX" = land aerosol parameter auxiliary data
- "LVI_AX" = land vegetation index auxiliary data
- "WFR_BW" = browse product derived from "WFR___"
- "WRR_BW" = browse product derived from "WRR___"
- "LFR_BW" = browse product derived from "LFR___"
- "LRR_BW" = browse product derived from "LRR___".
- Level-0 OLCI data:
- yyyymmddThhmmss is the sensing start time
- YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS is the sensing stop time
- YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS is the product creation date
- [instance ID] The field consists of 17 characters, either uppercase letters or digits or underscores "_".
The instance id fields include the following cases, applicable as indicated:
1. Instance ID for the instrument data products disseminated in "stripes":
Duration,"_", cycle number, "_", relative orbit number,"_", 4 underscores "_"
2. Instance ID for the instrument data products
disseminated in "frames":
Duration, "_", cycle number, "_", relative orbit number, "_", frame along track coordinate
3. Instance ID for the instrument data products disseminated in "tiles".
Two sub-cases are applicable:
a) tile covering the whole globe:
b) tile cut according to specific
4. Instance ID for auxiliary data:
17 underscores "_"
- GGG identifies the centre which generated the file
- [class ID] identifies the class ID for instrument data products with conventional sequence "P_XX_NNN" where:
- P indicates the platform (O for operational, F for reference, D for development, R for reprocessing)
- XX indicates the timeliness of the processing workflow (NR for NRT, ST for STC, NT for NTC)
- NNN indicates the baseline collection or data usage.
- .SEN3 is the filename extension.
Example of filename: