The Sentinel-3 SLSTR User Guide provides a high level description of the instrument and the available instrument products. It also provides an introduction to relevant application areas.
The categories are:
Giving a brief overview of the SLSTR heritage and new instrument features and describing the main characteristics in terms of geophysical measurements for sea surface and land surface.
Describes the support of the Sentinel-3 SLSTR mission to maritime monitoring, land mapping and monitoring, atmospheric monitoring and climate change monitoring.
- Product Types
Describes the Sentinel-3 SLSTR products distributed to users:
- Level-1B RBT (Radiance and Brightness Temperature)
- Level-2 WST (Water Single Temperature, i.e. Sea Surface Temperature following the GHRSST specifications)
- Level-2 WCT (Water Combined Temperature, i.e. Sea Surface Temperature for single and dual view, note that this is only distributed to members of the calibration-validation team and not to all users)
- Level-2 LST (Land Surface Temperature)
- Level-2 FRP (Fire Radiative Power)
- Level-2 AOD (global Aerosol Optical Depth)
- Processing Levels
Illustrates the processing steps from Level-0, Level-1 to Level-2.
- Resolutions and Coverage
Defines the spatial resolution of the VNR/SWIR and TIR channels, their radiometric resolutions and describes the revisit frequency and coverage.
- Naming Convention and Data Formats
Describes the data naming conventions used and introduces the formatting used for Level-0, Level-1 and Level-2 products.
Provides information on units, notations and product grids used in the acquisition and processing of SLSTR products.
- Document library
Provides a list of documents associated with SLSTR.
For an in-depth description of the mission's products and algorithms, and details of the SLSTR instrument and its performance, refer to the Sentinel-3 SLSTR Technical Guide. The detailed information available in the Technical Guide is focused upon users such as academics and industrial software engineers who have previous experience of similar EO missions, and in-depth experience of data manipulation and management.