The SLSTR Level-2 products are generated in five different packets:
- SL_2_WCT, including the Sea Surface Temperature for single and dual view, for 2 or 3 channels (internal product only),
- SL_2_WST, including the Level-2P Sea surface temperature (provided to the users),
- SL_2_LST, including the Land Surface Temperature parameters (provided to the users),
- SL_2_FRP, including the Fire Radiative Power parameters (provided to the users),
- SL_2_AOD, including the Aerosol Optical Depth parameters (provided to the users).
As for the SLSTR Level-1 product, the Level-2 products are organized in packages composed of one manifest file and several measurement and annotation data files (between 2 and 21 files depending on the package).
The manifest file is in XML format and gathers general information concerning product and processing.
The measurement and annotation data files are in netCDF 4 format, and include dimensions, variables and associated attributes. Regarding the measurement files:
- five sea surface temperature datasets, with their associated uncertainties and exception flags, are included in the SL_2_WCT packet,
- one measurement file, giving the latitude, longitude, time and sea surface temperature values, is included in the SL_2_WST packet,
- one measurement file, providing the land surface temperature, associated uncertainties and other supporting fields, is included in the SL_2_LST packet,
- one measurement file, providing the fire radiative power, associated uncertainty and other supporting parameters, is included in the SL_2_FRP packet,
- one measurement file, providing all retrieved and derived aerosol parameters associated with the SLSTR solar channels and other supporting fields, is included in the SL_2_AOD packet.
The annotation data files are generated from the annotation files included in the SL_1RBT package and their format is identical to the files in the Level-1 packet.
- The SL_2_WST packet contains no annotation files.
- The SL_2_WCT packet contains 15 annotation files providing flags, corresponding indices on the instrument grid and geodetic and cartesian coordinates.
- The SL_2_LST packet contains 10 annotation files, providing the same parameters as in SL_2_WCT and, in addition, some vegetation parameters.
- The SL_2_FRP packet contains 9 annotation files providing flags, corresponding indices on the instrument grid and geodetic and cartesian coordinates (TBC)
- The SL_2_AOD packet contains no annotation files (TBC)
Note that SL_2_WCT is an internal packet and is only used internally for normal processing reasons. It is not made available to users.