Sentinel-3 - Missions - Sentinel Online
The main objective of the Sentinel-3 mission is to measure sea surface topography, sea and land surface temperature, and ocean and land surface colour with high accuracy and reliability to support ocean forecasting systems, environmental monitoring and climate monitoring.
The Sentinel-3 Mission Guide provides a high-level description of the mission objectives, satellite description and ground segment. It also covers an introduction to heritage missions, thematic areas and services, orbit characteristics and coverage, instrument payloads and data products.
The Sentinel-3 mission is jointly operated by ESA and EUMETSAT to deliver operational ocean and land observation services.
For mission planning information, see the Copernicus Mission pages.
The categories are:
Describes primary and secondary objectives of the Sentinel-3 mission.
Provides an overview of the Sentinel High Level Observation Plan (HLOP).
Describes the main instruments of the Sentinel-3 mission: Ocean and Land Colour Instrument (OLCI), Sea and Land Surface Temperature Radiometer (SLSTR), SAR Radar Altimeter (SRAL), MicroWave Radiometer (MWR) and Precise Orbit Determination (POD) instruments.
Defines all data products available per instrument:
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability due to an on-going issue at PDGS level
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 data unavailability
- New Copernicus Sentinel-3 handbooks
- Copernicus Sentinel-3A data unavailability notice
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B data unavailability notice
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 OLCI L1B data anomaly
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability due to an issue occurred at PDGS level