User Guides - Sentinel-3 Synergy - Naming Conventions - Sentinel Online
The file naming convention of SYN products (see this document for more details is identified by the sequence of fields described below:
MMM_SY_L_TTTTTT_yyyymmddThhmmss_YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS_[instance ID]_GGG_[class ID].[extension]
- MMM is the mission ID:
- S3A = SENTINEL- 3A
- S3B = SENTINEL-3B
- S3_ = for both SENTINEL-3A and 3B.
- SY is the Data source/consumer (SY = Instrument Synergy)
- L is the processing level
- "1" for Level-1
- "2" for Level-2
- underscore "_" if processing level is not applicable.
- TTTTTT is the Data Type ID
- Level-1 Synergy data:
- "MISR___" = Level-1 products
- Level-2 Synergy data:
- "SYN___" = land surface reflectance and aerosol parameters
- "VGP___" = Vegetation P continuity product
- "VG1___" = Vegetation S1 continuity product
- "V10___" = Vegetation S10 continuity product
- "AOD___"= Global Aerosol product
- "SYN_BW" = browse product derived from "SYN___"
- "VGP_BW" = browse product derived from "VGP___"
- "VG1_BW" = browse product derived from "VG1___"
- "V10_BW" = browse product derived from "V10___".
- Level-1 Synergy data:
- yyyymmddThhmmss is the sensing start time
- YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS is the sensing stop time
- YYYYMMDDTHHMMSS is the product creation date
- [instance ID] The field consists of 17 characters, either uppercase letters or digits or underscores "_".
The instance id fields include the following cases, applicable as indicated:
1. Instance ID for the instrument data products disseminated in "stripes":
Duration,"_", cycle number, "_", relative orbit number,"_", 4 underscores "_"
2. Instance ID for the instrument data products
disseminated in "frames":
Duration, "_", cycle number, "_", relative orbit number, "_", frame along track coordinate
3. Instance ID for the instrument data products disseminated in "tiles".
Two sub-cases are applicable:
a) tile covering the whole globe:
b) tile cut according to specific
4. Instance ID for auxiliary data:
17 underscores "_"
- GGG identifies the centre which generated the file
- [class ID] identifies the class ID for instrument data products with conventional sequence P_XX_NNN where:
- P indicates the platform (O for operational, F for reference, D for development, R for reprocessing)
- XX indicates the timeliness of the processing workflow (NR for NRT, ST for STC, NT for NTC)
- NNN indicates the baseline collection or data usage.
- .SEN3 is the filename extension.
Example of filename: