The OLCI Level-2 Land Reduced (OL_2_LRR) or Full (OL_2_LFR) Resolution products are outputs from the OLCI Level-2 processor and contain land and atmospheric geophysical products at Full and Reduced resolutions.
The content of these files depends on several switches included in the OLCI configuration parameters. Each geophysical parameter format is only triggered if the corresponding switch is set to ‘1'. Note that all pixels flagged as cloudy are discarded from OLCI Level-2 processing.
The only difference between OL_2_LFR and OL_2_LRR products is the spatial resolution, with a spatial sampling of approximately 300 m for Full Resolution and 1.2 km for Reduced Resolution. The products are assumed to be computed in Near Real Time (NRT) (i.e. delivered to users less than 3 hours after acquisition), in Non-Time Critical (NTC) (i.e. within 1 month after acquisition) or in re-processed NTC.
Each product provides as measurement data files (more fully described in the table below):
- surface product as Green Instantaneous Fraction of Absorbed Photosynthetically Active Radiation (GI-FAPAR) and Terrestrial Chlorophyll Index (OTCI)
- atmosphere by-products as Integrated Water Vapour (IWV) column (this product also contains information for water pixels and is identical to that included in OL_2_WRR and OL_2_WFR)
- error estimates for all products.
Several associated variables are also provided in the annotations data files:
- rectified reflectance for red and NIR channels (RC681 and RC865)
- classification, quality and science flags (LQSF)
- common data such as the ortho-geolocation of land pixels, solar and satellite angles, atmospheric and meteorological data, time stamp or instrument information. These variables are inherited from Level-1B products.
|Green Instantaneous Fraction of Absorbed Photosynthetically Active Radiation (GI-FAPAR)||Fraction of Absorbed Photosynthetically Active Radiation (FAPAR) in the plant canopy||dimensionless||Oa03, Oa10, Oa17|
|OLCI Terrestrial Chlorophyll Index (OTCI)||Estimates of the Chlorophyll content in terrestrial vegetation, aims at monitoring vegetation condition and health||dimensionless||Oa10, Oa11, Oa12|
|Integrated Water Vapour (IWV)||Total amount of water vapour integrated over an atmosphere column||kg.m-2||Oa18, Oa19|
|RC681 and RC865||By-products of the GI-FAPAR, the so-called red and NIR rectified reflectances are virtual reflectance largely decontaminated from atmospheric and angular effects, and good proxy to Top of Canopy reflectances.||dimensionless||Oa10, Oa17|
The classification, quality and science flags provide information about validity, suspicious quality, cosmetic filling, environment and input quality.