User Guides - Sentinel-3 Altimetry - Product Types - Sentinel Online
The Sentinel-3 Surface Topography Mission (STM) Level-1 and Level-2 Near Real Time (NRT) data products are 10 minutes in length. The Level 1 and Level-2 Short-Time Critical (STC) and Non-Time Critical (NTC) products correspond to half-orbit information (pole-to-pole).
There are three types of Level-1 products:
- Level-1A products: geo-located bursts of echoes with all calibrations applied.
- Level-1B products: geo-located and fully calibrated multi-looked High Resolution power echoes.
- Level-1B-S products: fully SAR-processed and calibrated High Resolution complex echoes arranged in stacks after slant range correction and prior to echo multi-look (multi-look processing reduces noise by averaging of adjacent pixels, and thereby reduces the standard deviation of the noise level).
There are two types of Level-2 products according to the surface covered:
- Water products (SR_2_WAT) generated by the Marine Centre
- land products (SR_2_LAN) generated by the Land Centres.
The Level-2 SRAL/MWR complete product contains three files in netCDF format:
- one reduced data file,
- one standard data file
- one enhanced data file.
The Processing Baseline is identical at all processing centres. Only the geographical coverage is different.
For further information about Level-1 SRAL/MWR products, please refer to the Product Data Format Specification - SRAL and MWR Level 1 products document.
For further information about SRAL/MWR Level-2 products please refer to the Sentinel-3 Technical Guide.