News - Sentinel Online
Within the next couple of weeks, the Copernicus Sentinel-2 products will be subject of a minor update in the ‘manifest.safe’ file packaged at the root of every product bundle.
A contingency at ground segment level occurred on the evening of 30 May preventing the generation of most of the Copernicus Sentinel-2 products. The issue was fixed in the morning on 31 May, with a return to nominal operations.
An update of the Copernicus Sentinel-5 Precursor (S5p) operational ground-processing system is planned at the end of June.
Due to an anomaly in the ground segment the Sentinel-5P data from orbits 18700 to 18703 have been not acquired and will be not processed.
An unnamed tabular iceberg drifting eastward towards the uninhabited Saunders Island was caught by the Copernicus Sentinel-1 satellite—making its monitoring a near-real-time event.
Due to an anomaly in the ground segment the Sentinel-5P data from orbits 18636 to 18637 have been not acquired and will be not processed.
We are pleased to announce a new forthcoming processing baseline 2.75-A and 1.53-B for Copernicus Sentinel-3 concerning the following products:
- SLSTR L1 NRT/NTC (S3-A and S3-B)
Due to an issue occurred at PDGS level
- the Near Real Time SLSTR Copernicus Sentinel-3A Level 1 and Level2 products starting from around sensing time 16-05-2021T16:30 UT to 18:00 UT and from 17-05T04:20 to 06:30 UT are mostly missed
- the Near Real Time SLSTR Copernicus Sentinel-3B Level 1 and Level2 products starting from around sensing time 16-05-2021T16:30 UT to 18:00 UT and from 17-05T04:00 to 05:30 UT are mostly missed.
In addition for both S3A and S3B SLSTR Near real Time Level 1 and Level 2 products in the sensing time window 16-05T16:30 to 17-05T12:30 UT have been mostly delayed ”
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B unavailability
- Infrastructure Maintenance activity extended to 14 October 2021
- Copernicus Data Access Hub unscheduled downtime on 13 October 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 Data Delay on 13 October 2021
- Maintenance activity on the data hub services planned on 13 October from 06:00 to 15:00 UTC
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: email@example.com with your proposals.