News - Sentinel Online
13 May 2019
Do you have a success story that you'd like to share, about how data from the Copernicus Sentinels are benefitting your work or society?
If so, please share your experiences and results with us, which we may be able to publish as an article or an interview on our website.
Due to an issue at Ground Segment level on 11 May, following Near Real Time Copernicus Sentinel-3B data have been missed:
- OLC from 2019-05-11T10:49:03 UTC to 2019-05-11T11:33:28 UTC
- SLSTR from 2019-05-11T105133 UTCto 2019-05-11T123218 UTC
- SRAL from 2019-05-11T105133 UTCto 2019-05-11T123218 UTC.
Due to a ground segment anomaly, Copernicus Sentinel-2 Level-2A products with sensing time between 00:46:48 UTC on 6 May and 10:06:28 UTC on 9 May are affected by degraded quality on the image radiometry.
Remote sensing and satellite imagery have become common use in monitoring and modelling of various biological and physical characteristics of Earth - now Copernicus Sentinel-1 is giving a new approach for monitoring the evolution of shorelines.
08 May 2019
We are pleased to publish the fourth Sentinel Data Access Annual Report. This report for 2018 follows directly on from the 2017 report, and analyses the uptake of Copernicus Sentinel data and the performance of the Sentinel Data Access System during the period from 1 December 2017 to 30 November 2018.
One of the main threats for soil degradation is the decline of soil organic carbon—the Copernicus Sentinel-2 satellites are currently being exploited to monitor soil conditions in croplands, in turn supporting the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Union.
Due to an issue at Ground Segment level on 27 April, following Near Real Time Copernicus Sentinel-3A data related to orbit 16623 have been missed:
- SLSTR from 20190427T10:54:25 UTC to 20190427T12:34:25 UTC
- SRAL from 20190427T10:53:42 UTC to 20190427T12:34:25 UTC
- OLC from _20190427T10:52:23 UTC to 20190427T11:36:44 UTC.
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B unavailability
- Infrastructure Maintenance activity extended to 14 October 2021
- Copernicus Data Access Hub unscheduled downtime on 13 October 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 Data Delay on 13 October 2021
- Maintenance activity on the data hub services planned on 13 October from 06:00 to 15:00 UTC
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: email@example.com with your proposals.