Satellite-based fire alerts - Satellite-based fire alerts
Title: Satellite-based fire alerts
Description: This traditional fire-tracking data source from 11 August 2020, based on VIIRS from NOAA/NASA, reflects the heat anomalies across the Amazon and often gives the impression that much of the Amazon is on fire, making it difficult to prioritise resources.
Copyright: Contains modified NOAA/NASA data (2020), processed by MAAP
- Temporary unavailability of Copernicus Sentinel-2 production on 6-7 April 2021
- Forthcoming availability of the Copernicus Sentinel-1A and -1B reprocessed precise orbital products
- New Copernicus Sentinel-3 SYNergy Aerosol Optical Depth AOD products released
- Temporary unavailability of Copernicus Sentinel-2 production - 31st March and 1st April
- Copernicus Sentinel-2 brings students together for an online Remote Sensing course
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposals.