We are pleased to announce the upcoming deployment on 30 March 2023 of a new processing baseline for Copernicus Sentinel-1. The subject evolution concerns all products, and more specifically the Level-2 OCN product. The new Processing Baseline includes:
- Enhanced resilience of the SAR burst processing to data reception contingencies;
- Filling of potential missing data in denoising vectors for TOPS GRD products at high latitudes;
- Addition of a new metadata in the Level-1 products manifest indicating the Level-0 A/C/N used for processing;
- Introduction of quick-looks in the Level-2 OCN products;
- Annotation of processing variables required to ease the exploitation of Level-2 OSW products, allowing, for example, the processing of Level-2 OSW starting from Level-2 products;
- Use of OpenStreetMap as default coastline indicator for Level-2 processing.
It is highlighted that this evolution comprises an evolution of the Sentinel-1 Level-1 and Level-2 OCN product format, in line with the updated product specifications document version 3.13. The subject product format specifications are available here together with a set of corresponding sample products.
The new processing baseline will be deployed on 30 March 2023 for Sentinel-1A,
with the activation of the new instrument processor version 3.6.1. Products generated after the deployment of this version will tag version 3.6.1 of the operational processor in the corresponding product metadata and will be aligned with the product format specifications 3.13.