4th Sentinel-2 Validation Team Meeting
15 - 17 March 2021
The S2VT meeting is a forum for the Copernicus Sentinel-2 scientific and user community to present and share results of on-going activities related to validation of Sentinel-2A and Sentinel-2B products and to foster cooperation and synergies among Cal/Val teams. The 4th S2VT meeting will take place on 15-17 March 2021 as a virtual meeting (due to COVID-19).
The S2VT meeting focuses on providing independent validation evidence, experimental results to support the Copernicus Sentinel-2 mission. The S2VT meeting provides lectures by international audience of scientists from both industrial and academic institutions working with Copernicus Sentinel-2 and other relevant EO missions emphasizing integrative and multi-disciplinary approaches. Talks and posters will be presented by a Cal/Val community who are highly familiar with validation campaigns and methods. The recommendations will be used to contribute to the quality assessment of the mission core products while exploiting Copernicus Sentinel-2 data and to give support to the Cal/Val activities.
The meeting will be structured around a set of plenary presentations given by experts working with Copernicus Sentinel-2 and other similar missions to inform on the lessons learned and priorities based on experience, and a poster session of potential cal/val community activities including validation campaigns and methods.
- Copernicus Sentinel-5 Precursor (S5p), optimisation in the processing of SO2 and HCHO products Duplicate 1
- Growing impact of Copernicus Sentinel data revealed
- Forthcoming availability of new Copernicus Sentinel-3 and -6 orbital products
- New Data Access Service kicked-off on 16 December 2022
- Data Access of Copernicus historical Sentinel-2 Collection-1 products starting in January 2023