Thematic Areas - Sentinel Online
The Sentinel missions provide a unique set of observations for the Copernicus programme, starting with the all-weather, day and night radar images from Sentinel-1, which are used for land and ocean services.
Sentinel-2 delivers high-resolution optical images for land services and Sentinel-3 provides data for services relevant to the ocean and land. Sentinel-4 and Sentinel-5 will provide data for atmospheric composition monitoring from geostationary and polar orbits, respectively. The Sentinel-5 Precursor also measures the atmosphere, and was launched to provide data continuity between the end of the Envisat mission in 2012 and the future launch of Sentinel-4 and 5.
The applications fall into six main categories: services for land management, services for the marine environment, services relating to the atmosphere, services to aid emergency response, services associated with security and services relating to climate change.
List of thematic areas
- Maintenance on Sentinel Online on 5 August
- Copernicus Sentinel-1A collision avoidance manoeuvres on 25 July 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-5P SO2, HCHO OFFL, O3_TCL publication
- Copernicus Sentinel-2 L2A products affected by planned maintenance on 19 July
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 publication delays
- Planned maintenance on the Copernicus Sentinel-5P ground segment on 27 July 2021
- Quality degradation in Copernicus Sentinel-5P SO2 and HCHO OFFL products