Validating Copernicus Sentinel data using Fiducial Reference Measurement
20 - 21 June 2017
A satellite validation international workshop will be held in Plymouth, UK, from 20 to 21 June 2017.
The Copernicus Sentinel Atlantic Meridional Transect Fiducial Reference Measurements workshop will serve as a forum for discussing the performance of Sentinel -1, -2 and -3 at retrieving ocean colour, sea surface temperature and information about upper ocean dynamics in the open ocean and coastal environments.It will identify potential strategies for the validation of Sentinel missions in the future.
The workshop should be beneficial to anyone with an interest in the validation of satellite data; four main themes will be addressed:
- Fiducial Reference Measurement methods and protocols
- Ocean Colour validation
- Sea Surface Temperature validation
- Validation of upper ocean dynamics
- Copernicus Sentinel-3A Unavailability Notice for SLSTR calibration planned on 26-28/09/2023
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 Land Altimetry Thematic Products (Baseline Collection 005) released operationally
- Phase out of the Copernicus Data Hub Services - September 2023
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B unavailability notice for Out-of-Plane Manoeuvre #084 executed on 20/09/2023
- Copernicus Sentinel-3A unavailability notice for SRAL on-board maintenance planned on 19-22 September 2023