Validating Copernicus Sentinel data using Fiducial Reference Measurement
20 - 21 June 2017
A satellite validation international workshop will be held in Plymouth, UK, from 20 to 21 June 2017.
The Copernicus Sentinel Atlantic Meridional Transect Fiducial Reference Measurements workshop will serve as a forum for discussing the performance of Sentinel -1, -2 and -3 at retrieving ocean colour, sea surface temperature and information about upper ocean dynamics in the open ocean and coastal environments.It will identify potential strategies for the validation of Sentinel missions in the future.
The workshop should be beneficial to anyone with an interest in the validation of satellite data; four main themes will be addressed:
- Fiducial Reference Measurement methods and protocols
- Ocean Colour validation
- Sea Surface Temperature validation
- Validation of upper ocean dynamics
- Copernicus Sentinel-5P Unavailability on 21 February 2024 due to control manoeuvre
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B unavailability notice for Moon Calibration planned on 24th February 2024
- S5p unavailability notice due to Ground Segment scheduled maintenance on 22 November 2023
- Infrastructure Maintenance activity on 10-11 and 12 October 2023
- Data Access Interruption for IntHub S5P PreOps Hub and ColHub Node3 (14-07-2023)