4th Satellite Soil Moisture Validation and Application Workshop / CCI Soil Moisture User Workshop
18 - 20 September 2017
The Satellite Soil Moisture and Application Workshop aims to discuss and reconcile recent methodological advances in the development, validation and application of global satellite soil moisture data. The workshop series is unique by bringing together satellite users and developers to focus on both the derivation and exploration of soil moisture data from passive or active microwave satellite missions (SMAP, SMOS, ASCAT, AMRS-2, Sentinel-1, and other legacy missions). The workshop follows up former editions held at ESA/ESRIN in Frascati (Italy, 2013), in Amsterdam (Netherlands, 2014) and in New York (USA, 2016). The report from the 3rd workshop was published in the GEWEX News November 2016.
The CCI Soil Moisture User Workshop is similar in scope but particularly invites users of the CCI Soil Moisture products. Users from any relevant application area are invited to present their experiences with the data and provide ideas for future product improvements. The CCI Soil Moisture User Workshop is an event organised within the framework of ESA's Climate Change Initiative (CCI) Soil Moisture project.
Both workshops will be held at the Vienna University of Technology, on 19-20 September 2017 and on 18 September 2017, respectively.
- Sentinel-2B MSI decontamination between 4 and 5 December 2023
- S5p unavailability notice due to Ground Segment scheduled maintenance on 22/11/2023
- Copernicus Sentinel-3A unavailability notice for In-Plane Manoeuvre #094 executed on 30th November 2023
- Copernicus Sentinel-5 Precursor (S5P) products improvement – operational switch
- Growing impact of Copernicus Sentinel data revealed