The SLSTR Level-2 AOD product has not yet been released to users, but is in development.
The SLSTR Level-2 AOD product will provide one measurement data file gathering all retrieved and derived aerosol parameters associated with the SLSTR solar channels (except 1375 nm dedicated to cloud detection) and associated parameters.
The data file is based upon the acquisition grid of SLSTR nadir images, but the SLSTR L1B grid is then binned to super 9x9 pixels, with a resolution of 4.5 km. The position and time of the centre pixel of each super-pixel, in addition to the position of the corner pixels, are included in this measurement file. No annotation data set is provided.
The measurement data file will include:
- Aerosol optical thickness and related uncertainty at the selected SLSTR channels
- fine-mode aerosol optical depth at 550 nm
- Aerosol Angstrom exponent between 550 and 865 nm
- Dust aerosol optical thickness at 550 nm
- Aerosol absorption optical thickness at 550 nm
- Aerosol single scattering albedo at the selected SLSTR channels
- Surface directional reflectance (BRF) at the selected SLSTR channels
- Associated time and geographical coordinates
- Plus other parameters provided at the corners of the super-pixel
Note: The SLSTR L2 AOD product is generated by EUMETSAT in NRT only. An offline (NTC) AOD product will be generated from SYN data by ESA, exploiting the synergy between the SLSTR and OLCI instruments.