User Guides - Sentinel-3 Altimetry - SAFE Components - Sentinel Online
A SENTINEL-SAFE format product contains the following components:
- Manifest file: an XML document conforming to the XFDU manifest file specifications. It contains the definition of the information package map, wrapped metadata objects, wrapped data objects and references to the files containing the metadata and data objects.
- Binary or XML files: the data or metadata object contents. Currently, in the SAFE core specifications, only two types of files have been identified, i.e. binary matching MIME octet stream definition and XML documents.
- XML schema files: the representation information of the data held by a SAFE format product. To represent the binary information, the SAFE format also defines specific mark-ups to annotate XML schema documents, providing information on the physical structure (SDF mark-ups).
Figure 1: Physical Model - SRAL/MWR Level-2 Product (Credit: CLS)
A SRAL Level-2 product is composed of three main data objects (enhanced, standard and reduced) and their representation information:
- The measurement netCDF file enhanced-measurement.nc.
- The measurement representation information enhanced-measurement.xsd.
- The measurement netCDF file standard-measurement.nc.
- The measurement representation information standard-measurement.xsd.
- The measurement netCDF file reduced-measurement.nc.
- The measurement representation information reduced-measurement.xsd.