Thematic Areas - Sentinel Online
ESA is developing five families of SENTINEL missions specifically for Copernicus. The SENTINELS will provide a unique set of observations for Copernicus, starting with the all-weather, day and night radar images from SENTINEL-1 to be used for land and ocean services.
SENTINEL-2 will deliver high-resolution optical images for land services and SENTINEL-3 will provide data for services relevant to the ocean and land. SENTINEL-4 and SENTINEL-5 will provide data for atmospheric composition monitoring from geostationary and polar orbits, respectively.
The applications fall into six main categories: services for land management, services for the marine environment, services relating to the atmosphere, services to aid emergency response, services associated with security and services relating to climate change.
List of thematic areas
- Copernicus Sentinel-1A unavailability
- Temporary unavailability of Copernicus Sentinel-2 production on 17th January
- Maintenance on Sentinel Online on 21 January
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability due to an issue occurred at PDGS level
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 data unavailability
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B SLSTR Reprocessing Data on the Open Access Hub completion
- Data Hub infrastructure maintenance on 18 January 2021