Level-1 Products - Observation Mode
The SLSTR Level-1 observation mode products consist of full resolution, geolocated, co-located nadir and along track view, Top of Atmosphere (TOA) brightness temperatures (in the case of thermal IR channels) or radiances (in the case of visible, NIR and SWIR channels) from all SLSTR channels. It also contains quality flags, pixel classification information and meteorological annotations.
All of these parameters are contained in a set of netCDF files, gathered into a single package called SL_1_RBT.
Note that the name of each netCDF file provides information about it's content. The suffix of each filename is associated with the selected grid:
- "an" and "ao" refer to the 500 m grid, stripe A, respectively for nadir view (n) and oblique view (o)
- "bn" and "bo" refer to the 500 m grid, stripe B
- "in" and "io" refer to the 1 km grid
- "fn" and "fo" refer to the F1 channel 1 km grid
- "tx/n/o" refer to the tie-point grid for agnostic/nadir and oblique view
In addition, when the file is associated to a specific SLSTR channel, the filename is given a specific prefix, indicated by the following table.
|Used Prefix||Central wavelength (um)||Width (um)|
|SLSTR nominal channels|
|S4||1.375||0.015 – 0.020|
Used prefixes and wavelength SLSTR channels