Level-1 Algorithms and Products - Sentinel-3 OLCI Technical Guide - Sentinel Online
Level 1 Algorithms and Products
The OLCI Level-1 operational processor is divided into three processing modes, each with their own Level-1B products.
- Earth observation mode aims to compute Level-1B products from Level-0 products related to raw data acquired by the instrument on one unique orbit in Earth observation configuration.
- Radiometric mode aims to compute calibration coefficients.
- Spectral calibration mode aims to compute absolute wavelengths at specific positions on the sensor's arrays.
- Earth observation processing outputs two products by default; one in Full Resolution (FR) with a spatial resolution of approximately 300 m and one in Reduced Resolution (RR) with a spatial resolution of approximately 1.2 km.
- The output from the radiometric calibration process is a set of calibration look-up-tables.
- Spectral calibration processor output is a set of wavelength characterisation tables.