News - Sentinel Online
08 February 2019
Located in the western Alps, between the Aosta Valley and Piedmont regions, the Gran Paradiso National Park is home to the original surviving Alpine ibex, chamois, mountain hares, weasels, marmots, foxes and many bird species, such as white ptarmigans and eagles—monitoring its grasslands with satellite data is helping to preserve them.
A maintenance activity on the Sentinel-3 Pre-operational Hub is scheduled on 5 February from 13:30 UTC to 15:00 UTC.
30 January 2019
29 January 2019
During 2016, two Finnish friends, Joni Norppa and Lauri Häme founded the company Satellio Ltd and received funding from the Finnish government for a project to monitor forestry by utilising satellite images. Over the last few years, they became experts in handling satellite data very efficiently.
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B unavailability
- Infrastructure Maintenance activity extended to 14 October 2021
- Copernicus Data Access Hub unscheduled downtime on 13 October 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 Data Delay on 13 October 2021
- Maintenance activity on the data hub services planned on 13 October from 06:00 to 15:00 UTC
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: email@example.com with your proposals.