News - Sentinel Online
29 May 2019
Most of us probably wouldn't think of describing snow in terms of its grain size. However, grain size is fundamental to the amount of sunlight that snow reflects back into space - its albedo. With both snow and albedo part of the climate system, scientists are applying a novel analytical theory to Copernicus Sentinel-3 data and shedding new light on Greenland's changing albedo.
29 May 2019
A new set of Copernicus Sentinel-3 Synergy products will be systematically produced starting on 3 June. The Synergy Short-Term-Critical products are produced during the same day of sensing using the underlying OLCI and SLSTR NRT products; i.e. using meteorological forecast data.
28 May 2019
Users are informed that there has been a data hub centres network incident on 27 May 2019, starting from 21:00 UTC affecting the dissemination services as follows:
- New products publication is temporarily suspended for all missions.
- Open Access Hub (including API Hub): poor performance response times and slow downloads
- Copernicus Services Data Hub: poor performance response times and slow downloads
- Collaborative Data Hub Node 1: poor performance response times and slow downloads
- Sentinel-3 PreOps: service is down as of 1:38 UTC 28 May 2019
- GNSS Rinex PreOps: poor performance response times and slow downloads.
Due to a Copernicus Sentinel-3A SLSTR instrument decontamination activity all the SLSTR user products will be degraded or missing in the following UTC sensing time intervals:
- IR channels will be unavailable from 2019/05/20 12:35 UTC to approximately 2019/05/27 06:00 UTC
- VIS Channels will be unavailable from 2019/05/20 12:35 UTC to 2019/05/24 09:15 UTC
- During the Cooldown phase from 2019/05/24 09:15 UTC to 2019/05/27 06:00 UTC all the channels will be degraded.
- Copernicus Sentinel-3B unavailability
- Infrastructure Maintenance activity extended to 14 October 2021
- Copernicus Data Access Hub unscheduled downtime on 13 October 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 Data Delay on 13 October 2021
- Maintenance activity on the data hub services planned on 13 October from 06:00 to 15:00 UTC
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: email@example.com with your proposals.