News - Sentinel Online
Intertidal habitats can change rapidly, not just in spatial extent but also in vegetation type and cover. Newly created coastal managed realignment sites are a prime example where channels migrate and the vegetation changes from terrestrial to mud flats and saltmarshes.
Monitoring these changes is difficult due to their highly dynamic behaviour, inaccessible nature and risk of ecological damage caused by field work. Aerial photography is costly and thus usually restricted to once a year at best—however, Copernicus Sentinel data are changing things.
29 May 2019
Most of us probably wouldn't think of describing snow in terms of its grain size. However, grain size is fundamental to the amount of sunlight that snow reflects back into space - its albedo. With both snow and albedo part of the climate system, scientists are applying a novel analytical theory to Copernicus Sentinel-3 data and shedding new light on Greenland's changing albedo.
29 May 2019
A new set of Copernicus Sentinel-3 Synergy products will be systematically produced starting on 3 June. The Synergy Short-Term-Critical products are produced during the same day of sensing using the underlying OLCI and SLSTR NRT products; i.e. using meteorological forecast data.
28 May 2019
Users are informed that there has been a data hub centres network incident on 27 May 2019, starting from 21:00 UTC affecting the dissemination services as follows:
- New products publication is temporarily suspended for all missions.
- Open Access Hub (including API Hub): poor performance response times and slow downloads
- Copernicus Services Data Hub: poor performance response times and slow downloads
- Collaborative Data Hub Node 1: poor performance response times and slow downloads
- Sentinel-3 PreOps: service is down as of 1:38 UTC 28 May 2019
- GNSS Rinex PreOps: poor performance response times and slow downloads.
- Copernicus Sentinel-5P Chemistry Transport Model TM5 auxiliary files release
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability due to an on-going issue at PDGS level
- Copernicus Sentinel-2 production issue - 23rd February
- Temporary unavailability of Copernicus Sentinel-2 production - 22nd February
- Copernicus Sentinel-5 Precursor SO2 data quality degradation
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: email@example.com with your proposals.