Sentinel-5 Mission Guide - Sentinel-5 Mission Guide
Sentinel-5 Mission Guide
04 July 2016
A new version of the Sentinel-5 Mission Guide is now available and provides a high-level description of the future atmospheric monitoring mission of the Copernicus Programme.
The Sentinel-5 mission consists of a single high resolution spectrometer system operating in the ultraviolet to shortwave infrared range with seven different spectral bands. This instrument shall be carried aboard the MetOp-SG A satellite.
The mission guide details the main aspects of Sentinel-5 and provides:
- An overview of the mission, its heritage, and the themes and services it shall address
- The objectives of Sentinel-5
- A description of the MetOp-SG A satellite, including its orbit and geographical coverage
- Details of the Ground Segment, which is managed via the EPS-SG Ground Segment
- Specifications of the spectrometer instrument and its spectral bands
- Information on the Sentinel-5 data products