Sentinel-4 Mission Guide - Sentinel-4 Mission Guide
Sentinel-4 Mission Guide
24 June 2016
A new version of the Sentinel-4 Mission Guide is now available, providing a high-level description of the upcoming Copernicus atmospheric monitoring mission.
The Sentinel-4 mission consists of an Ultraviolet-Visible-Near-Infrared (UVN) light imaging spectrometer instrument that shall be carried aboard the Meteosat Third Generation Sounder (MTG-S) satellite.
The mission guide details the main aspects of Sentinel-4 and provides:
- An overview of the mission and its heritage
- The objectives of Sentinel-4
- A description of the MTG-S satellite, including its orbit and geographical coverage
- Details of the Ground Segment, which is managed via the MTG Ground Segment
- Specifications of the spectrometer instrument
- Information on the Sentinel-4 data products