New Copernicus Sentinel-3 Fire Radiative Power products released - New Copernicus Sentinel-3 Fire Radiative Power products released
New Copernicus Sentinel-3 Fire Radiative Power products released
30 October 2020
We are pleased to announce the public release of the Copernicus Sentinel-3 Fire Radiative Power products to be processed in NTC timeliness, contained in a new processing baseline 2.70-A and 1.46-B:
- Sentinel-3 SL_2_FRP in NTC timeliness
Information about the characterisation of the new products is available in a draft of the product notice.
The SLSTR Level-2 FRP product will provide one measurement data file with Fire Radiative Power (FRP) values and associated parameters generated for each fire detected over the SLSTR 1 km grid, plus a number of annotation data files including information in support of the measurement data files, on a global scale.
The measurement data file includes:
- FRP and its uncertainty
- TCWV above fire
- projected area of detector IFOV on surface
- glint angle (i.e. the angle between nadir view and specular direction)
- associated across and along track coordinates
- associated time and geographical coordinates
- fire detection confidence
- hotspot classification code
- background window size
The new FRP products are available since 19 August 2020.
The associated L1 and L2 Sentinel-3 Product Data Format Specification documents are available in the Sentinel-3 SLSTR Document Library.