Green light for GMES Copernicus - Green light for GMES Copernicus
Green light for GMES Copernicus
04 July 2013
Europe's ambitious global environmental monitoring programme will now be able to move into operation thanks to the European Parliament's approval of the multiannual financial framework budget for 2014-20.
Marking a significant political milestone, the multiannual financial framework (MMF) includes the provision of 3786 million euros (at 2011 economic conditions) for the Global Monitoring for Environment and Security programme, currently being renamed Copernicus.
The approval follows difficult negotiations and the subsequent agreement reached last week at the European Council.
- Infrastructure Security Maintenance activities January and February 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-1A unavailability
- Temporary unavailability of Copernicus Sentinel-2 production on 17 January
- Maintenance on Sentinel Online on 21 January
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability due to an issue occurred at PDGS level
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposals.