Copernicus Sentinel-5P upcoming changes for NPP Cloud products - Copernicus Sentinel-5P upcoming changes for NPP Cloud products
Copernicus Sentinel-5P upcoming changes for NPP Cloud products
05 March 2020
An update of the Copernicus Sentinel-5 Precursor (S5P) operation system is planned for 11 March, which will comprise the following changes:
- The Suomi NPP (S-NPP) auxiliary file used for the Copernicus S5P methane (CH4) and Aerosol Layer Height (ALH) data processing will be updated with the new Enterprise Cloud Mask (ECM). It will substitute the VIIRS Cloud Mask (VCM), for which production will be discontinued soon.
Initial tests show that the data quality for CH4 and ALH will not be affected by this update.
Note: the format for CH4, ALH and S5P-NPP Cloud products remain unchanged.
Detailed information will be provided within the Product Readme Files after the switch to the new operations.
- Copernicus Sentinel-1 helps Denmark to monitor ground motion and infrastructure
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability issue resolved
- Temporary unavailability of Copernicus Sentinel-2 production on 10 May 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability due to an issue due to an issue occuing at Ground Segment
- Copernicus Sentinel-2B products affected by collision avoidance manoeuvre
Share your stories
Calling on all interested users of Sentinel data, who would like to submit their results, turning their experiences into 'success stories'.
If you have a good story to tell, of how any of the Sentinel satellites are producing data that bring benefit to your work and/or to society, please contact the Sentinel Online Editor Malì Cecere at: email@example.com with your proposals.