2nd Sentinel-5P Validation Team Meeting and 1st Results Workshop - 2nd Sentinel-5P Validation Team Meeting and 1st Results Workshop
05 - 06 February 2018
In the frame of the Copernicus Programme, ESA is implementing the Sentinel-5 Precursor (S5P) mission on behalf of the European Commission in support of services and science related to air quality, climate and stratospheric ozone. Sentinel-5P was successfully launched on 13 October 2017 and is currently undergoing the satellite and TROPOMI commissioning.
This workshop, which will take place at ESA/ESTEC in Noordwijk, the Netherlands, aims at consolidating Calibration/Validation (Cal/Val) activities to be carried out during the S5P operational phase, starting in April 2018. This includes the review of existing Cal/Val projects of the original Sentinel-5P Announcement of Opportunity Call 2014, identification of new Cal/Val partners, Cal/Val gap analysis, presentation of Cal/Val tools and rehearsal activities.
In addition, the S5P mission status and first commissioning results will be presented and discussed in order to confirm and evolve Cal/Val requirements.
- Copernicus Sentinel-1 helps Denmark to monitor ground motion and infrastructure
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability issue resolved
- Temporary unavailability of Copernicus Sentinel-2 production on 10 May 2021
- Copernicus Sentinel-3 unavailability due to an issue due to an issue occuing at Ground Segment
- Copernicus Sentinel-2B products affected by collision avoidance manoeuvre